Sunday, June 10, 2012

Hallstatt!

I finally got to visit the place that I have wanted to go to the most since coming to Austria. When I originally found out that I was coming to Austria I wasnt the happiest camper. I was a bit disappointed and I needed to find ways to get excited. So I google image searched Austria and the most beautiful picture came up. Which I proceeded to set as the backround of my computer. 


This was the picture and I used to look at it everyday to get myself excited about living in Austria. But little did I know it was very close to Graz and completely manageable to get to. So I finally made my journey there yesterday. We didn't really pick the most amazing day to get considering it was cold and rainy but nonetheless it was beautiful. We got there in the morning and took a ferry over to Hallstatt then checked out all of the sights. Due to rain we parked ourselves in a cafe for quite some time to eat some traditional Austrian food. The city is fairly small so we walked the majority of it and at the end found ourselves at a nice little Kinderspielplatz (playground). This playground had literally the coolest things in the entire world. So me and 8 of my friends (all in our 20s) spent plenty of ti me reliving our childhood in this beautiful town. We then went up to the top of one of the mountains where the salt mines are. This gave us the best view and it was literally breathtaking. Unfortunately I forgot my camera, the most important accessory. But I managed to get some mediocre pictures on my phone to commemorate this experience.



1 comment: